Dialysis Technician training program at Genesis Medical Training Center
The Dialysis Technician Certificate program at Genesis Medical Training Center combines classroom instruction with hands-on training to provide students with the opportunity to master the specific fundamental skills and duties that are necessary to properly assist patients who are undergoing dialysis treatment.
Training at “Genesis Medical Training Center” Dialysis Technician program includes:
- INTRODUCTION TO HEMODIALYSIS AND CLINICAL MANIFESTATION OF RENAL DISEASE
This section is designed to provide an understanding of the basic principles, diseases, and problems in the treatment of chronic kidney disease. A broad overview of hemodialysis and its application in the care of ESRD patients is provided. Other areas to be covered will include Initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and continuous monitoring of the dialysis equipment
- HEMODIALYSIS I
This section will allow the student to learn how and why water is treated before being used for dialysis. It covers the types of contaminants commonly found in water, how they can affect patients, parts of a water treatment system, and monitoring of a water treatment system.
- ASEPSIS, NUTRITION AND PHARMACOLOGY
This course section will focus on how Infection control is used in the dialysis setting to prevent patients and staff from acquiring infections specific to the dialysis unit. Incorporating policies and procedures that include surveillance and monitoring activities for water treatment, dialyzer reuse, bacterial contamination, and transmission of blood-borne and other infectious diseases.
- HEMODIALYSIS II
This portion of the program will be hands-on, daily demonstration of all materials covered at this point. Major area of focus will include, but will not be limited to, dialysis access, machine set-up, programing the machine, and bringing the patient to the treatment area.
- PSYCHOSOCIAL-ASPECT, PATIENT EDUCATION AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT
This course is designed to assist students entering the health care field to learn the basic principles of the human behavior and thus apply a personalized approach to the delivery of the health care. There is an emphasis on the psycho-social aspects of the hemodialysis patient and the caretaker’s relationship.
125 Total Hours
Tuition Fee – $1425.00
Registration Fee (non-refundable) – $75
Books – $75
Total – $1575
(Please contact us for updated tuition price or any promotion.)
Start with $100.00 downpayment with low flexible weekly payment!
Morning: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm; Monday to Friday (5 weeks)
Evening: 5:15 pm – 9:45 pm; Monday to Friday (6 weeks)
Saturday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm ( 16 weeks)
Eligibility for entrance, the following items are required of all applicants:
- Tour of the center in person.
- Proof of High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) or higher College Degree from an accredited school in the United States.
- PCT or EKG or Phlebotomy or Nurse Aide or Home Health Aide Certificate
- Foreign country high school diploma or higher college degree (must be in English or translated and evaluated by an approved agency).
- If student does not meet the above-mentioned requirement, NO PROBLEM. Student can take an entrance exam at school known as Ability to Benefit Test provided by the school.
- Payment of registration fee.